With all of the changes that have been taking place in our lives recently, it’s no wonder that Sam and I are feeling a bit “blah.” Sure, everything is very exciting but the main thing we have been slacking on in all of the chaos is focusing on things that are simple and make us “happy.” The other day, I was thinking about this and because I am also married to my to-do list, I decided to make a little sheet on simple things “to-do” to keep our sanity & happiness in check.
Soon after I made this little reminder, I came across an article on yahoo about 7 ways to feel happier. Now normally, I find many of these types of articles to be superficial, no-brainer, who really needs this type of advice and I often bypass them but turns out – I am one of those people currently who need these types of reminders so I read it.
Their 7 suggestions were simple:
- Get some sun – I’m looking quite ghostly so I’m thinking that’s a good idea.
- Exercise – haven’t done a thing since Evy was born and I’m feeling sluggish.
- Meditate – who has time for that? Looks like I need to make time.
- Pay it forward – definitely need to practice this more – they suggest once a day.
- See your friends regularly – I’m going to refer to this as keep in touch since I have only two friends so far in the Baltimore area.
- Get a massage – YES, PLEASE!
- Be intimate with your man – hey honey 😉
I’m loving the idea of taking time out of each day to practice many of these things. Currently, I’m listening to Justin Timberlake’s new cd (reaffirmed my 7th grade obsession) and drinking a cup of Steven Smith Tea – perfect start to my Tuesday morning. The beauty of a blog is to share these little realizations and moments of failure/triumph with whomever is out in the blogosphere so I intend to start working on these suggestions right away and will keep you posted. So to my friends, expect more emails; to mr. wyatt, expect more runs; to my husband, expect more date nights and to myself, expect more happiness.
Here we go!